Friday, April 30, 2010

perfect pajamas

Finding the perfect pajamas is a like finding the perfect jeans - a difficult and onerous task. On the one hand, I want something that is comfortable and unfussy. But on the other, I want something that is pretty and makes me look cute, because I seem to spend an awful lot of time in my pajamas. Now don't get me wrong, I don't actually get anymore sleep than the average person (I wish this were true), I just seem to spend a lot of my waking time in my pajamas.

For me the period between waking up and changing into 'day-clothes' is sometimes quite extended. I have even been known to shower and then put my pajamas back on. For me, pajamas are my safety blanket, reminding me of when I was a kid and things seemed much simpler. A time when flannelet + milo = bedtime.

Feeling incredibly daggy in my old pajamas, today I went searching for the a new pair. Peter Alexander is always my first stop - I love their playful prints and the visual merchandising is always fun. Here's what I found...



This is what I would like to wear. Cute, girly and playful.
But the reality is that I get cold really easily -
and there is too much exposed skin in this cute ensemble. Sigh.


Another ensemble that is on my wish list
(that's the wish-i-had-the-body-to-wear-it list).
Unfortunately, when I tried this onesy on,
I looked less 'cute' and more 'teletubby'.
Oh well, a girl can dream.


In the end, I decided on the set on the left.
Cute, cosy and comfortable.
The mini-martian print is very cute and quirky and the
flannelet super soft and fluffy. All is all, the perfect pajamas.


Peter Alexander '
Space Cadet' pajama set.


(All pictures are from the Peter Alexander website.
For more information and pictures click here to be taken to the website.)


No comments:

Post a Comment